Network monitoring allows you to optimize your network performance, setting yourself apart in a highly competitive industry, and benefitting your team, partners, customers and contributing to the long-term success of your organization. Let’s take a deeper look at 10 reasons why keeping your environment operating at peak efficiency improves your business.
Make the most of your bandwidth.
- It’s important to heed application performance management, saving bandwidth for business critical applications. Optimizing your network means maximizing your existing bandwidth utilization and postponing the need to upgrade your WAN link bandwidth.
Proactively avoid potential problems.
- Issues are bound to arise at some point, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do everything you can to prevent them. Monitoring your circuit performance allows you to prevent issues before they arise, avoiding costly outages that impact end users.
Increase the network’s efficiency.
- Improving overall network performance allows you to reduce bottlenecks and maximize throughput, ensuring optimal application performance.
- Expert tip: You will have information that allows you to evaluate creating multiple pathways to safeguard application availability.
Decrease operating costs.
- Network performance management reduces unnecessary operating and management costs by decreasing the chance of a disaster, such as your network going down, while increasing operational efficiencies, freeing up time and resources.
Reduce latencies impact on application and end-users.
- Having an optimized network means you are preventing against latency problems that could reduce productivity in remote users who drive data usage with their long distances.
- Expert tip: You can host critical applications at your main data center and optimize your WAN link bandwidth to help the cause.
- Network monitoring and making continual updates will help you keep an eye out for abnormal utilization patterns such as failed connections, unauthorized network behavior and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks. And, if something does happen you’ll be able to detect the location of the issue, pinpoint the cause and resolve issues with minimum mean time to repair (MTTR).
Maximize your ROI.
- Huge investments are made into the infrastructure of your network and without continual monitoring and optimizing, the full value of these investments will never be realized. Make the most of what’s already been spent to ensure your investment pays for itself over time.
Improve disaster recovery position.
- Unfortunately, disasters are bound to happen in even the most optimized networks. However, having a keen sense of your network’s strengths and weaknesses will let you better plan and be better prepared to reduce disaster losses.
Centralize the network environment.
- Network centralization takes advantage of economies of scale further improving efficiencies and strengthening your business.
Grow your business.
- Optimizing your network will ensure you are running on all cylinders: increasing productivity, improving customer experience and satisfaction, strengthening competitive advantage and ultimately increasing your market share.
As you can see, systems performance management can make a big impact on your network and your organization as a whole. If you’re interested in taking the plunge, consider network optimization solutions like: a network audit, WAN optimization, network security, voice/data services, network management and application delivery controllers. Or contact our network engineers for state of the art technology solutions, professional results and the peace of mind that comes from our network management services.
Ready to explore how LB Networks can specifically help your business? Our experts can help you define and your goals and determine how we can best help you reach them. Click here to schedule a demo.